Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» My First Custom Pc Build
All_Is_Lost
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

#1 BotC member

Group: Joint Chiefs of Staff
Monies: 200663772492
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 30

Rep: 0 pts
Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Awards: None

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 12 2016, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (All_Is_Lost @ Jul 12 2016, 04:38 AM)

The i5 I was talking about wasn't the exact same price, it was about $40 more. But then AMD processors are notorious for overheating compared to Intel processors since they don't use hyperthreading and as such AMD processors consistently score lower on any review rating site than an equivalent Intel processor. While AMD are generally cheaper (mainly because few people buy an AMD processor over $200, people only really buy AMD if they want a cheap processor) the Intel processors are generally thought to be better.

There is a reason that intel's are thought to be better and that is not it. Note, for most cheap to low end gaming pc's, people use AMD over intel as that is where the AMD processors shine. Also note, price difference between the two would have to include motherboards, ram, and upgradability since windows 10 and it's stupid workings. Another note is that AMD processors run hotter but that would be easy to figure out if someone looked at the power consumption but that does not mean overheating as some products are designed to be able to run hotter.

QUOTE (All_Is_Lost @ Jul 12 2016, 04:38 AM)

As for the GPU, if you look at the site he posted, his 480 costs him $269.99, while a 970 will cost him $279.99 so anything based on the 480 costing $200 isn't really relevant, if it's costing him the same amount as a 970. As I said, it's mainly due to preference and most people generally prefer Nvidia over Radeon and personally I would pay the extra $10 and get the 970.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....-480&ignorear=1

In the world, there is something called a reseller who likes to jack the price up on components. If you bothered to read in the thread before, you would of noticed that we talked about this there as well. An example of this would be the intel i7 6700k which was announced to sell at $330 but was on the market for $400 for the longest time. It has just recently got down to $350.

Well, yes that is the reason they consistently score higher for similar range items. AMD processors are primarily used for low budget builds, yes, but Intel's low budget processors are just as good as AMD's. The reason nobody buys an expensive AMD processor is because everybody prefers Intel and, for a minimal price difference, buying an Intel processor would clearly be the better option. Not sure why you brought up Windows 10, you seem to be talking nonsense here.

If you bothered to look at the link you just posted, you'd notice that every single item in the list on that site is currently out of stock. As such, it really doesn't matter what price they sold the items for, even if they sold them for a dollar he still can't buy one. Also, the fact that you're saying it's being sold for more than it was originally intended really only confirms the fact that he should buy a 970.

Not sure what the point of your post was, since all you did was confirm what I already said.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
meisterkreig
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

rip

Group: Major Generals
Monies: 662067276

Donate
Member No.: 3

Rep: 3 pts

Not sure what the point of your post was, since all you did was confirm what I already said.
If you wish to believe that, go ahead. My post gave you enough knowledge to realize your errors and would of helped you if you bothered to do some research. Since it is obvious that you haven't, let me help you understand some things.

Low end AMD have been proven to be better than low end intel due to having more cores. A reason that most people avoid the intel low ends for. AMD is soon coming out with new processors which may or may not change the game again. Currently, AMD processors are actually good and they do have multithreading which is what hyperthreading is. Also, last I checked, intel mobos tend to be more expensive than AMD ones.

Windows 10 forces you to buy a new OS if you change your Mobo. Buying an old intel processor is going to force him to deal with this soon. With AMD, at least he can upgrade a bit still before getting a new one.

1060s come out this month. It will be the same price as the 970 but will beat the 480. RX-480s will be in stock on Amazon on July 15. They will soon be hitting aftermarket coolers soon as well and will be in stock soon at their msrp. Another benefit of the card is that two of the 8gb versions can beat a 1080.

The era of the 970 is done and gone.

http://videocardz.com/62122/nvidia-geforce...formance-leaked

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Soapy Papoose
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Ban AIL!

Group: First Lieutenant
Monies: 17

Donate
Member No.: 54

I plan to water cool the system so overheating won't really be a concern.

The video card is also slightly more expensive as it is the 8 gig and not the 4 gig. I used this link, along with videos similar to the one posted by Kreig when picking which card gave me the most bang for my buck. It beats the 970 out on almost all 1080p games and stomps it in 1440p. This gpu is also VR compatible in case I feel like dabbling in that in the future. I can also cross fire it and use 2 of em later on if I ever felt the need to, while the whole SLI thing is a huge nightmare atm.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/amd-radeo...mpaign=homepage

The I5 is an 8 core processor?

--------------------
Please state you are from botc in the friend request!
Steam: Soapy Papoose
Battlenet: SoapyPapoose#1754
PM
^
meisterkreig
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 12:43 AM
Quote Post

rip

Donate

The i5s he is talking about are quad core with four multi-threads. The FX series are really just quad cores with multi-threading as well. Yes, AMD did get sued for that.
PM
^
All_Is_Lost
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

#1 BotC member

Donate

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 13 2016, 04:20 AM)
If you wish to believe that, go ahead. My post gave you enough knowledge to realize your errors and would of helped you if you bothered to do some research. Since it is obvious that you haven't, let me help you understand some things.

Low end AMD have been proven to be better than low end intel due to having more cores. A reason that most people avoid the intel low ends for. AMD is soon coming out with new processors which may or may not change the game again. Currently, AMD processors are actually good and they do have multithreading which is what hyperthreading is. Also, last I checked, intel mobos tend to be more expensive than AMD ones.

Windows 10 forces you to buy a new OS if you change your Mobo. Buying an old intel processor is going to force him to deal with this soon. With AMD, at least he can upgrade a bit still before getting a new one.

1060s come out this month. It will be the same price as the 970 but will beat the 480. RX-480s will be in stock on Amazon on July 15. They will soon be hitting aftermarket coolers soon as well and will be in stock soon at their msrp. Another benefit of the card is that two of the 8gb versions can beat a 1080.

The era of the 970 is done and gone.

http://videocardz.com/62122/nvidia-geforce...formance-leaked

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 13 2016, 06:43 AM)
The i5s he is talking about are quad core with four multi-threads. The FX series are really just quad cores with multi-threading as well. Yes, AMD did get sued for that.

So it's better because it has more cores, yet they both have quad cores with multi-threading? Top logic right there.

AMD do have SMT, but is much less efficient than the way Intel have designed it. As such, a quad-core Intel processor will almost always out perform an AMD processor (hence their constant superior reviews). Why are you talking about Windows 10 again? He's building a new PC from scratch, he's not replacing an existing motherboard.

Of course the 10 series will annihilate everything, due to the Pascal technology that Nvidia have created. However they're not out yet so I didn't consider them. Of course, if he was to buy anything, he should buy a 1060.
PM
^
meisterkreig
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

rip

Donate

AIL, an i5 costs over $200. I'm talking i3s and pentium processors there which I assumed you knew about since you came here. Well, thanks for helping me know how much more you don't know. Those two processors are the ones near the FX in price but both are dual core. This is why people go AMD there.

The reason I bothered mentioning windows 10 is so that he doesn't have to spend an arm and a leg upgrading in the future. An old i5 may seem nice but it will be hard to find a mobo for it as well it being limited in the future.

The 10 series annihilates the old stuff. It does not annihilate everything, Nvidia fanboy confirmed.
PM
^
All_Is_Lost
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

#1 BotC member

Donate

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 14 2016, 04:34 AM)
AIL, an i5 costs over $200. I'm talking i3s and pentium processors there which I assumed you knew about since you came here. Well, thanks for helping me know how much more you don't know. Those two processors are the ones near the FX in price but both are dual core. This is why people go AMD there.

The reason I bothered mentioning windows 10 is so that he doesn't have to spend an arm and a leg upgrading in the future. An old i5 may seem nice but it will be hard to find a mobo for it as well it being limited in the future.

The 10 series annihilates the old stuff. It does not annihilate everything, Nvidia fanboy confirmed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/F63RsY/int...u-bx80646i54460

On the website he listed in the OP, i5, quad core, $179, just like the ones I spoke about in my original post (maybe because it's the same one?). As I said, yes it's $40 more (but what the hell is $40 on a PC you'll be using for 3+ years?) but it will out-perform the AMD.

Also, buying a shitty processor limits the ability of any GPU that you buy, so spending more on an i5 to ensure you get the maximal performance from your GPU (which is usually the most expensive part of a PC) is completely worth it.

Final point, stop being a prick. Every point you make contains some thinly veiled insult, which really only weakens your arguments. If you want to debate about PC parts, fine, but stop being a dick or nobody will take you seriously.
PM
^
meisterkreig
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

rip

Donate

It is kind of hard not to be a prick when things have happened and I get to see obvious ignorance and fanboyism. Considering how often you throw out insults everywhere while pretending you never did, don't be surprised.

That processor doesn't have the hyper threading, it cannot be overclocked, and it still costs more. Where is the proof that it will perform better? Depending on how soon the pc needs to be made, he could wait to see what the new AMD processors bring. They might bring competition back to the pc market at the high end. Then again, if he waits on things, he could get some free games out of it plus find out which cards perform the best per series. For example, Gigabyte got a 980ti to outperform a Titan X.
PM
^
All_Is_Lost
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

#1 BotC member

Donate

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 14 2016, 07:34 PM)
It is kind of hard not to be a prick when things have happened and I get to see obvious ignorance and fanboyism. Considering how often you throw out insults everywhere while pretending you never did, don't be surprised.

That processor doesn't have the hyper threading, it cannot be overclocked, and it still costs more. Where is the proof that it will perform better? Depending on how soon the pc needs to be made, he could wait to see what the new AMD processors bring. They might bring competition back to the pc market at the high end. Then again, if he waits on things, he could get some free games out of it plus find out which cards perform the best per series. For example, Gigabyte got a 980ti to outperform a Titan X.

If you don't want people to be a prick to you then you shouldn't stalk girls online and consistently send them weird shit. If you act like a fucking weirdo then you will be treated like one.

That particular processor doesn't have hyperthreading, no, but check this out:
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4460-vs-AMD-FX-8320

8.7 for the i5 compared to a 5.7 for the AMD, it's almost like the Intel processors are much better, like I've been saying this entire thread?

As I said, buying a crappy processor limits the output of all of the other components and so his processor should be the best part of his PC. There's no point in buying a 970/1060/RX480 if his CPU can't handle the load.
PM
^
meisterkreig
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

rip

Donate

If you don't want people to be a prick to you then you shouldn't stalk girls online and consistently send them weird shit. If you act like a fucking weirdo then you will be treated like one.

Never stalked her dodo. I only talked to her a few times. Get your facts straight from your lies and stop telling people shit. You and Twin have been spewing lies like morons. Never bothered to ask me what I did like a wise person but instead went full retard. That weird message I left was nothing more than telling her that you missed her. Wow, retards you guys are. No one needs to stalk her to know what she is doing when she bloats people's feeds will all her shit on facebook. Then again, you have been wanting to talk shit about me forever so you would take any opportunity to attack at me.

Actually, it only has .2 better performance there. If he gets an 8350, he'll beat the i5 by .2 as well. It is all in the details. So no point in buying a crappy cpu that won't be able to upgrade later on. Also, different games rely on different things and so it depends on what he is playing to determine if the cpu will be the bottleneck. However, I refer back to the performance only being slightly better than the one he is using which can easily be fixed. Again, you prove your ignorance.
PM
^
Spartanhead2k
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

rip

Group: Heads of State
Monies: 1101

Donate
Member No.: 1

This thread has gone off track. Debate PC parts all you want, but lets leave the insults of members here, or not, out of things. You two want to fight then do it on skype or wherever that isn't here please.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
All_Is_Lost
 Posted: Jul 15 2016, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

#1 BotC member

Donate

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!
Pacman Champion!
Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

QUOTE (meisterkreig @ Jul 15 2016, 01:42 AM)

Never stalked her dodo. I only talked to her a few times. Get your facts straight from your lies and stop telling people shit. You and Twin have been spewing lies like morons. Never bothered to ask me what I did like a wise person but instead went full retard. That weird message I left was nothing more than telling her that you missed her. Wow, retards you guys are. No one needs to stalk her to know what she is doing when she bloats people's feeds will all her shit on facebook. Then again, you have been wanting to talk shit about me forever so you would take any opportunity to attack at me.

Actually, it only has .2 better performance there. If he gets an 8350, he'll beat the i5 by .2 as well. It is all in the details. So no point in buying a crappy cpu that won't be able to upgrade later on. Also, different games rely on different things and so it depends on what he is playing to determine if the cpu will be the bottleneck. However, I refer back to the performance only being slightly better than the one he is using which can easily be fixed. Again, you prove your ignorance.

In regards to your first paragraph:
user posted image

All that needs saying really.

In performance, the i5 actually beats the 8320 by 0.2 (hence the proof that it will boost performance) and in single core performance it annihilates both the 8320 and 8350. It also proves my point that Intel processors are much more efficient (9.3 score vs 5.6) and was given a better value for money score than both the 8320 and 8350 (6.9 vs 6.1 and 6.4 respectively).

In addition to that, the 8320 is actually 2 years older than the i5 4460 so your points about replacing old/crappy CPUs (since we just showed that the i5 is both better and younger) is completely irrelevant also.

Again, you prove your idiocy on all matter that we discuss. If you'd bothered to look at the review as a whole, you'd have seen it has proven every single point that I've made on the thread. Since you seem incapable of debating with actual facts and without bringing up irrelevant information (in the form of Mabel or otherwise) I'm probably not going to bother replying after this. Hit me up when you calm down.
PM
^
Lewadra
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

DemoteKreig

Monies: 428

Donate
Member No.: 37

Ok, what have I missed now?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Soapy Papoose
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Ban AIL!

Group: First Lieutenant
Monies: 17

Donate
Member No.: 54

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pX4V6X

Here is my updated list. I have purchased everything except the rx 480 as it is sold out everywhere. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif I ended up just buying a 1gig junker card that was on sell from best buy for 20 bucks until I can get the rx 480. At least I'll be able to set it up the PC and use it while I wait. Should at least be able to play PS1 emulator lol.

That processor wouldn't have worked in the board I bought anyways http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I should be building this next weekend. I'll try and take some pics to post if people are interested. I won't be doing any video as this is my first build since dial up days and it would be a LONG video.
PM
^
ahillbilli
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

K├Ânig

Monies: 45950049463

Donate
Member No.: 16

Rep: 1 pts

GTX 1060's are running for $250 and up. Been looking at parts as I'd like to build mine as well. Thought you'd like that info but looks like you're already building now.

--------------------
ahillbillie: I'm awesome, why don't they clone me?
Eaglesrulz: Because they would overrun the South and form a new empire of Billie. And with cloning the Empire of Billie would eclipse even China on terms of population and will expand north and southwards, bringing NATO into the war. In desperation the remains of the US government launches all of their remaining stash of ICBM's, the Empire of Billie retaliates and nuclear holocaust ensues and the end of humanity is upon us. Without receiving supplies from much needed space missions from Earth, the moon and Mars colonies quickly descend into anarchy and collapse and die out one by one.
ahillbillie : Empire of Billie: A concubine for every able-bodied man who helps me in my conquest
Eaglesrulz: Never mind, I support the Empire of Billie

PS3
PC, Steam is ahillbillie
Game times are always different, if you see me on, hit me up. And since I'm in AZ, my time zone never changes, just yours.

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Off Topic | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Bloody Darkness by Kman